[LAU] Christmas present for self.

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Dec 15 11:25:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:06:02 +0100
David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

>"David W. Jones" <gnome-4S9g3957RhF54TAoqtyWWQ at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> Since I do large panoramas on the laptop, I need the higher core/HT
>> counts. I might move the desktop to an 8 core/16HT Ryzen
>> sometime. Fits budget better than Intel now.
>
>Funny thing is chances are that Intel will drastically lower its prices
>to adapt.  If everybody would buy 1 AMD CPU for every 3 Intel CPUs, the
>end price is likely to be less than when everybody just buys 3 Intel
>CPUs and AMD dies off.
>
>Intel may be market leader, but without AMD it would be an ugly market.

Thanks everyone for your comments. They have all been very informative.

This last is a major factor in me deciding the go for AMD. I did notice that as
soon as the Ryzen series was publicised Intel started talking about new
processors and price reductions.

@Ralf
MIDI jitter is a big problem for me, but I've been able to pin it down fairly
well. It's almost entirely due to a problem between the chair and the keyboard.
Nothing I do seems to improve the situation.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk