[LAU] focusrite-control running in wine

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Sun Dec 17 09:47:33 UTC 2017

Dear All,

has someone managed to run successfully focusrite-control.exe inside wine?
I'd really like to access the hardware mixer from Linux.
I have no windows installed on my Laptop, so I can't test whether there is
an issue with the usb ports.

I installed focusrite-control-2.1.7.exe in all kind of different ways,
using wine from kubuntu 17.10,  and winehg-staging. All I managed is that the
programm opens and reports "No Hardware connected", same for the ASIO control.
I also tried the live version of io-live--2017.03--e22-k4.14-k4.14-rt1-amd64,
with the same result.

Opening winecfg I can switch to my Scarlett 18i20 and  pushing the
button for testing sound it works. I've also installed OpenMPT1.27.02 inside wine
and it works nicely. There, I can even switch to 96kHz, which doesn't work on ALSA/JACK,
so something is done inside wine, not just passing to the outside.

Best regards,
Peter