[LAU] focusrite-control running in wine

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Sun Dec 17 11:01:18 UTC 2017

Dear Ralph,

Am 17.12.2017 um 11:20 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> I didn't test running the Scarlett 18i20 software in wine or using a
> VM. I suspect the culprit is, that any kind of virtual
> machine/emulation still rely on the host's drivers/kernel modules.
>
> Did you try to add the 18i20 ID to the Linux thingy (I've forgotten it's
> name) available for the Scarlett series?

I'm sorry, I don't know which Linux thingy you mean. It could well be that it should be registered somewhere.
Do you mean the ALSA driver for the 18i20 1st generation?

Bus 001 Device 013: ID 1235:8201 Focusrite-Novation

> I'm using Linux for mixing purpose with a RME HDSPe AIO. The next
> interface I much likely will buy is a RME Babyface, for usage in class
> compliant mode, too. The loss of HDSPmixer is much harder, than missing
> the Focusrite mixer, but actually class compliant usage without
> proprietary/vendor specific software is the most painless way to go.

Yes sure, but I was too lazy after buying it. Since it immediately worked
for recording with 48kHz I was too optimistic in assuming the rest will
eventually work, although I had the option to bringing it back, if it doesn't
work within Linux.

Best regards,
Peter