[LAU] focusrite-control running in wine

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Sun Dec 17 13:12:41 UTC 2017

Dear Ralf,

Am 17.12.2017 um 13:00 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 12:01:18 +0100, Peter wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I don't know which Linux thingy you mean. It could well be
>> that it should be registered somewhere. Do you mean the ALSA driver
>> for the 18i20 1st generation?
>
> https://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2017-January/107145.html

"_That should treat your device like a first-gen 18i20, if I
   didn't miss anything. No guarantee it will work, but it might."

That should not work, as the 2nd generation is seemingly quiet different form the 1st generation.
Even the Windows Driver are different and Focusrite points out, that one can not interchange them.
I'll try during Christmas holidays, as I don't want to mess my Laptop before Christmas,
and I havn't compiled ALSA driver for a long time, so I have to get acquainted again.

BTW,
jackd -dalsa -dhw:2 -r300000 -p128 -n2
also starts without any complaints, although it doesn't make much sense.
--> configuring for 300000Hz, period = 128 frames (0.4 ms), buffer = 2 periods

Best regards,
Peter