[LAU] focusrite-control running in wine

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Sun Dec 17 22:24:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

sorry for my last email. I was to fast with my clicky finger.

Am 17.12.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Robin Gareus:
> On 12/17/2017 07:48 PM, Peter wrote:
>
>> Note, that I can access the 18i20 within wine from MPT (a windows
>> programm) and it works fine.
>
> I expect Audio and MIDI I/O also works just fine on GNU/Linux.
>
>> Maybe the Focusrite ASIO driver can't work inside wine.
>
> The ASIO driver has nothing to do with this.
>
> The mixer-interface is entirely separate and a custom USB protocol.

I don't know how the the windows driver works. I have another (pretty old) dual boot machine
with windows 7. There the focusrite control works only on one Usb port, and both, the Scarlet-Mixer
and the ASIO control behave in the same way concerning the "No Hardware connected" message.
They either work both or none.

I'm afraid I'll have to put wine on the old machine and test the control on the port where it works within windows,

Best regards,
Peter