[LAU] [New music]: With an aching heart...

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Dec 19 00:28:23 UTC 2017

Hey hey,
...is the title of the new piece. Here's the music:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/with_an_aching_heart.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/with_an_aching_heart.mp3

What is it? It ended up as a rearrangement of parts of J.S. Bach's fugue in
Eflat minor from the Well-Tempered Clavier Book I and Musorgsky's The old
castle (fropm pictures at an exhibition) with a few changes, played on lovely
synths and vocalised by me. Inspired by Clannad's (Theme for) Harry's game,
though, alas, much darker. Still, the message remains: show a little kindness.
Not because of the season (you've seen me Scrooge'ing), but just because.

What's used: external hardware: DSI Prophet-12 for strings, pad, flute-like
sound and one choir. Arturia MiniBrute for basses.
Software: the wonderful Gigatron, free Mellotron library in GigaStudio format,
a commercial Slina (string ensemble) and carillon library, also in Gig format.
Jconvolver for the reverb on the vocals. Recording and mixing in Nama with the
hlelp of many LADSPA plugins. So thanks to everyone who made this possible!
Love you guys.

Feedback is welcome. :)

With kindness,

Jeanette