[LAU] Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Dec 19 16:51:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, georgnk wrote:

> I can also select my sound card without qjackctl and Jackd.
> Pure data can see my input s and outputs directly. Then I go audio test play
> the sine wave , wait a while, I move frequency up and down,clicks start and
> never stop.

If these are random clicks, that sounds like sync issues. Some things to
try:
 	- set pulse default and alternate sample rate to 48000
 	- turn off HDA audio either in bios or in pulse:
 		pactl unload-module module-udev-detect
 		pactl unload-module module-alsa-card
 		(note that if pulse can see any audio card directly,
 		it may choose to sync from that one even if you are
 		not using it)
 	- try different sample rates, in particular both 44100 and
 		48000. It may be that alsa is under the impression
 		it can set sample rate when that is not the case.

I have not seen in this thread any meantion of the web interface that the
motu AVB series interfaces normally have, so I am guessing this is not one
of these boxes. Motu's support in the past with Linux has be notoriously
bad until the AVB series, so you may have something that will not work
with Linux properly... as in, it is USB2.0 compliant so far as sound
transfer is concerned, but expects a provided blob to do device setup. The
AVB series uses a web based setup tool that is OS agnostic.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net