[LAU] Merry Christmas Python Chiptune (sortof)

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 23:35:02 UTC 2017

On 26/12/17 22:34, Ivan K wrote:

> When I execute:
>> python pybells_2017.py
>
> I get the following message:
>
>> Calculating notes...
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "pybells_2017.py", line 203, in <module>
>>      0, MAX_AMPLITUDE, NOTE_DURATION * ATTACK_FACTOR, MASTER_VOLUME
>>    File "pybells_2017.py", line 60, in make_ramp
>>      for _ in range(1, size):
>> TypeError: range() integer end argument expected, got float.
>
> and no .wav file is created.  How do I fix this?
> Am I missing a python library ?

 >> *(Needs python3)*

I think you are using python 2 as your default python, while the script
needs python 3... To verify this run:

python --version

In that case see if you also have python 3 installed:

python3 --version

If that gives a version number (and not a command not found error) try:

python3 pybells_2017.py

Works? :)

Lorenzo.