[LAU] [Music] New years cleaning - New music

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:17:26 UTC 2017

Hi Jonetsu,

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 23:48:33 +0100
> Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > https://soundcloud.com/cdee/robert-joo-pussel
> > https://soundcloud.com/cdee/robert-joo-the-heist
> > https://soundcloud.com/cdee/robert-joo-pinned
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBsUyxa4Sqc
>
> There three songs on soundcloud are very nice and fun.  "Puzzle" stands
> on its own, there's no need to understand the lyrics as the music and
> the voice are involving.  A bit of an acoustic Die Toten Hosen at
> times, in spirit somewhat, in the 2nd song.

> On the recording side, they're very good.  Good strumming guitar
> sound.  What kind of mikes are you using ?

Thanks. The only recording I'm sure of is the beginning of Pussel which I
redid recently, it uses a Studio Project B1, so nothing fancy.
Some of the other guitars are likely with a Zoom H1 audio recorder. It is a
bit noisy but I very much like the stereo image it provides, the noise
isn't much of a problem with the kind of low dynamic recordings I do.

Microphone brands aside I think the placement of the mic makes a big
difference (pointing to the 14th fret mostly) and ofcourse eq:ing, I often
cut a lot of bass so the guitars don't interfere too much with other
instruments.

> The Jenny Lundmark tune "Vakna" that played after is pretty good also,
> although the vocals could perhaps be a tad more upfront in the verses.

Yeah it's a nice tune, a local talent. Though it being there is more of an
accident, I'm not really "getting" how you are supposed to use soundcloud,
I thought I was just liking stuff, turns out it gets added to my
playlist... I guess.

> The 3rd song is more pop fare, as it is, so it will depend on how much
> one can like known formulas.
>
> You guys should have more listeners !

Thanks =)

> The fourth is what I call "not much music" in the sense that the music
> is there to support the lyrics and if you do not know swedish...

Oh interesting, assuming you are talking about the video. Not sure I agree
as I'm very happy with how it turned out, but I see what you mean with
listening to a language you don't understand, and I guess the lyrics are
kind of important for it.

Regards,
Robert