[LAU] [Music] New years cleaning - New music

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 11:19:17 UTC 2017

Hi Jeanette,

> Hey hey Robert,
> nice to see you back on the music circuit.

Thanks, I've always been here but keeping a pretty low profile :)

https://soundcloud.com/cdee/robert-joo-the-heist

> Again, the bass is the instrument that sticks with me. You really have a
> feeling on how to play, process and mix it. It's amazing to me, the way
> that you change the sounds and esthetics from one song to another, while
> still retaining something that links all three pieces. Is that a sort of
> vocoder in the preverse part? If not then it is terribly well timed with
> your voice.

Thanks, yeah it's a vocoder, maybe it's been a bit overused lately but I
love the sound.

> https://soundcloud.com/cdee/robert-joo-pinned
>>
> BEsides mixing your bass well, you haven't lost your hand for accents
> and keeping the listener on edge. :) Helena has a lovely voice to.
>
> All pieces sound transparent and well made. The overall mix reminds me a
> bit of production sounds from a couple of years ago. I have listened to
> them on my big speakers. They sound good there, though I have the
> impression that they might even sound better - in comparison to other
> material - on small headphones or earbuds. They all exude energy and
> freshness to me, which is exactly what I need these days. :) And having
> gone back to listen to a couple of your earlier material, I can hear a
> consistent route from them to this. This shines particularly through
> when listening to "The Wunderbaum". So, in addition to giving me three
> fresh faced friends for a dark and cold day, you introduced me anew to
> some old acquaintances, for which I should thank you again. :)

And thanks again. I'm not sure where you see this route between the songs
as it seems to me I never really find my direction, hehe.

Regarding bass I'm happy you commented on this as I've been playing a lot
of bass lately and hoping it has paid off! And it is fun making bass lines
:)

Regards,
Robert