[LAU] JACK recovery

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Fri Feb 3 15:12:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm doing some development work, so naturally (well, maybe it;s just me...)
and occasionally I attempt to run my code before I've started JACK.

After that it can not be started until I reboot, typical error:

09:59:57.411 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages
window for more info.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory

Cannot connect to server request channel

jack server is not running or cannot be started

JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295,
skipping unlock

JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295,
skipping unlock

My question is what SHOULD i be doing in my code to prevent this?

(Obviously, I can start JACK in my code if it's not running...but, I've not
found any info on checking for JACK and starting it from python.

AND, how do, or can, I get JACK to start after this occurs without a reboot?

Regards,
Mac