[LAU] JackAudioDriver::ProcessAsync: read error

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Feb 13 10:27:06 UTC 2017

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 17:20:49 -0600, Chris Caudle wrote:
>If the clock selection defaults to S/PDIF input as clock source, but no
>S/PDIF signal is available, the ICE1712 cards stop with a clock error.

Thank you,

that was the culprit for one of the Terratec cards. Indeed once upon a
time I tested S/PDIF to help Jeanette. Since I used the Terratec cards
just for MIDI, I seemingly have forgotten to care about the audio
settings.

If I built in the other Terratec card, most of the times the PC doesn't
boot, it even doesn't load the BIOS. If it should boot with both cards
mounted, aplay does only show one of the two cards. It never booted,
when only the fishy card was mounted, without the other card being build
in, too.

So one issue is solved, because it was an user error, but now there's
most likely a hardware issue, when the other card is plugged in a slot.

Regards,
Ralf