[LAU] "JX-O5" (Roland JX-03 track made on Linux)

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Feb 20 10:15:04 UTC 2017

Am 20.02.2017 um 08:24 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> what a great 70s/80s throwback electro feeling. Very reminiscent of one
> or the other bands from that time. :)

Thanks for the kind words. The first and two last letters of the title
might give away what my main inspiration was for this track. :)

Also, I was listening to a lot of synthwave and www.synthetix.fm lately
and it rubs off.

> The synth really sounds great.

Yes, it does sound nice, even though the JX-3P, which I also have, does
still sound better (but the difference is small). The additional
oscillator ranges and waveforms and X-mod capabilities are a very useful
addition on the JX-03, on the other hand. I only wish they would have
made the maximum LFO speed a little faster too.

chris