[LAU] Waldorf Blofeld editor

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:24:00 UTC 2017

Il 21/feb/2017 18:58, "Alexandre DENIS" <contact at alexandredenis.net> ha
scritto:

Hi,

That's great! I bought MonstrumFeld and was never able to make it work
correctly. Your Biggleworth works fine here. I am looking forward for
the modulation matrix support! (where the real strength of the Blofeld
resides)

Actually it's not a big deal to implement it, the only real problem I'm
facing is the layout. I think I'll use a "stacked" mode (similarly to what
MonstrumFeld uses) that will hide the effects and arpeggiator panels and
show the matrix in their place.

Just a few remarks. The display on top in Patch Editor is a little bit

cropped. I can see only half of the "Status:" line. I am using a 120dpi
display, if it helps. It happens even in full screen at 2560x1440,
which should be enough.

I was afraid of that. Could you please send me a screenshot, so I could
better understand where the problem might occur?

Second remark: why PyQt4 and Python 2.7?
Wouldn't PyQt5 and Python 3.x be more future-proof?

You are ideally right. But. Python 2 choice is just for laziness, I am not
a programmer and I actually don't have much time to dedicate to it, so,
even if I know that there's not so much difference (and, actually, a lot of
advantages), I didn't find it so impelling.. I prefer to dedicate my time
to a (yet still valid and supported enough) pair of language/toolkit I
already know.. and play my music in the remaining time ;)
About Qt5 the problem is that right now I don't have it and I can't install
it, for various reasons I won't debate here.

But anyway, even at this preliminary stage, it works better than
MonstrumFeld.

That's good to know.. I only could try its demo on VirtualBox, I was
satisfied with the whole interface, but I felt it wasn't right for some
things, and Ctrlr is a bit clumsy sometimes.

Anyway, I'm glad you appreciate it, I'm really looking forward to finish
it..

Cheers!