[LAU] Music: Interlude1

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 25 20:53:45 UTC 2017

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:34:28 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> > https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/interlude1

> I really love this one. It's so smooth, almost glib really. :) The
> flow of this piece is great! Also, nice choice of sounds. The flute
> is a nice sample and I love this bubbling kind of synth. It sounds so
> dreamy and really synthetic in a warm, alive way. Thanks for sharing
> this piece, nice way to begin the day. <3

Thanks for the comments !  Putting aside the chords and bass, the
melodies in the verse sections were made using Discovery Pro's 'Jeff LD
- Horizon'. The arps that occurs here and there were made using
Filterscape VA's 'GRV Arp9th 03 SF' (an underrated simple synth this
FVA, maybe because it's bundled with the Filterscape EQ - I for one
would not have bought it because of this, thinking it would be a 2nd
rate synth, but it was given to me) and lastly the chorus lead was made
using Biotek's 'LimeLead'.  As usual, sketched in Bitwig (2.0 beta3)
and mixed in Mixbus32C.  Not much audio processing.  A bit of
compression and reverb here and there and on the master bus.  The drums
got most attention as it was not easy to blend them in, in such a way
as to convey this dreamy envelope.  The XT-DC Drum Character processor
helped in tailoring the sounds, while the XT-SC Spectral Compressor was
used on drums in the chorus section.  I'm no expert with these, still
have a lot to learn !

Cheers.