[LAU] Calf ladspa status?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:36:18 UTC 2017

Hi list,

It seems that the latest (packaged see below) ladspa version of the Calf
plugins is not working with the main applications I use which still use
ladspa: Rosegarden, jack-rack and Ardour. The former two provide some
clues about errors happening when trying to load calf.so (which is a
symbolic link in /usr/lib64/ladspa/calf.so pointing to
/usr/lib64/calf/calf.so). Ardour seems to silently "ignore" all of the
ladspa versions of Calf (but I may be missing error messages/clues...).

I am on Fedora 24 and the distribution does provide a
ladspa-calf-plugins package to which I already filed a bug report.

Interestingly if I use the calf.so file compiled with the latest git
version of LMMS [1] (where the provided version of Calf seems to date
back at least 8 month, but even 2 or 3 years for most source files) the
plug ins are visible and usable.

Any info would be interesting, and *maybe* someone is also using ladspa
(for me this especially relevant for existing versions of files I have
using these plugins)

Side note... Plugin "binary-dependency" in the light of longer term
archiving is probably an unsolvable problem whichever the format :)

Lorenzo.

[1] https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/tree/master/plugins/LadspaEffect/calf