[LAU] Sound quality of the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Jan 8 19:53:37 UTC 2017

On 01/08/2017 08:24 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-01-08 at 18:45 +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> measurements are pretty much moot; at least for the 18i6 here. That
>> mostly functions as book-end these days. I can't even bring myself to
>> give it to someone.
>
> It's not a useless interface, since it has got ADAT input.

only if you have some ADAT or S/PDIF devices to connect.

I do pull it off the shelf on occasion for testing MIDI sync or some
non-critical things where the device is not the bottleneck in the
signal-chain.

It's a good a soundcard as any for modern Pop/Rock and even better since
it includes a hardware mixer.

on that note:

> Missing alsamixer controls aren't a problem for me.

..except that the default routing inside the device may affect what
you're hearing. OOTB it patches analog inputs through to the outputs

ciao,
robin