[LAU] Introducing AVL Drumkits LV2!

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Jan 16 15:55:43 UTC 2017

On 01/16/2017 12:02 PM, Yassin Philip wrote:
> Yikes. No, really :)
>
> I just tested the "stereo" plugins (pulled from git and built without
> errors right as per the README procedure) under Qtractor (latest Git)
> and it works FINE

Thanks for checking with qtractor. That's good to know.

> it's spectacular, you can click on the elements to
> hear them, set the audition volume with the mouse wheel, everything is
> responsive and playful and full of color and strawberry-flavored!!
>
> Gentleman, this I predict will soon become the most powerful gateway
> drug into Linux Audio. Pretty soon, we'll have everybody hooked up ;)

Yes, that's exactly the plan: Act as gateway to get people started.

The idea actually came from
http://libremusicproduction.com/tutorials/using-avl-drumkits-fluid-synth-ardour
As great as those LMP tutorials are, I expect we'll have lost half of
the linuxaudio newbies at the "Preparation" headline. This should be as
simple as drag/drop a plugin and get started.

Sure, the rabbit hole goes deep and once you're comfortable: Move to
Drumgizmo or linuxsampler or something even more elaborate.

> I have a sequence blasting right now, in fact I'm going to create the
> entry in the "tools <http://libremusicproduction.com/tools>" section on
> LMP and write a news item right away, and I'll slap together a "Why,
> Phil <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHUwlmuFjq8>" video too. The world
> awaits, I can hear the mob over the toms rumble :p

Merci bien. Continue le bon travail!

> Thank you so much Robin, you da man. This just as the x42 stereo eq was
> becoming the brightest star of my sessions :) 2017 rocks.

Kudos go to Fons, here. Just like with the awesome drum samples from
Glen, this is just another step on top.

ciao,
robin