[LAU] using Jack an interface to ecasound

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 21 06:10:49 UTC 2017

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 00:41:23 +0100, john gibby <johnalan.gibby at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Ralf, here is the output from dpkg:
> Audio Connection Kit (default server package)
> ii  jackd1                 2:0.124.2~20151211-2~xenial1 amd64        JACK
> ii  libjack-dev            2:0.124.2~20151211-2~xenial1 amd64        JACK
> Audio Connection Kit (development files)

Now we _know_ you are using jack1 and _not_ jack2.
Did you compile software?

> I am using buffer size 128, N=3, 48000hz.

This shouldn't cause too much latency.

> By the way, I'm embarrassed to admit that I really have forgotten my
> admin password

Boot a live media. Since modern Linux usually use systemd, you not
necessarily need to chroot, alternatively you could use a systemd-nspawn
container.

Mount the root partition of the install, replace /dev/sda1 by the correct
partition:

# mkdir /mnt/linux
# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/linux
# systemd-nspawn -qD /mnt/linux
# passwd root

or

# passwd username

if you don't use a root account, but sudo only, if so replace "username"
by the name of the first user (UID 1000).

Push Ctrl+D to leave the container.

Regards,
Ralf