[LAU] [LAA] [LAD] First release of GxPlugins.lv2

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Jan 21 14:22:14 UTC 2017

Am 21.01.2017 um 11:48 schrieb Christopher Arndt:
> Am 21.01.2017 um 12:55 schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>> But, I've put up a release file which contain all sources
> Thanks! Here's the AUR package for the release version:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gxplugins-lv2/

Thanks for that.

> BTW: I noticed that some plugins compile at the "make" and some at the
> "make install" step. Maybe streamline the makefiles a bit?

Oh, they all build on the make step, but, they all rebuild on the make
install step as well. So for build/install you could leave out the make
step, it's useless in this case. That's because I move  the builded
binary's into the bundle dir instead copy them over, that forces make to
re-build on any step. I do that because at least all plugs will provide
2 different build options. Build with GTK UI or build with MOD UI.
Currently only a few of them providing a MOD UI, so this step wont work
on the Plugin Bundle, but later on it will, and then they all will
behave the same during build. However, I guess that is what you notice,
then some plugs running "clean" before make, to clean up the bundle dir
from previous builds which may contain the wrong UI definitions.

> Also, would it be possible to define INSTALL_DIR with ?= so it can be
> overwritten from the make command line? Relying on the effective UID for
> its value seems likely to break some packaging build systems.
Yes, thanks for the hint, a good point, will do so.

regards
hermann