[LAU] Fwd: ROLI Seaboard RISE

Felipe Ferreri Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Sat Jan 28 07:20:26 UTC 2017

Hi John,

On January 27, 2017 8:41:30 PM GMT+00:00, John Murphy <rosegardener at freeode.co.uk> wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:30:44 +0000
>Felipe Ferreri Tonello <eu at felipetonello.com> wrote:
>
>> So, you can use your Seaboard RISE with USB just fine on Linux.
>>
>> PS: How do you find using your RISE? Are you interested in having the
>> Equator synth and Dashboard applications on Linux? If so let me know,
>> can arrange these for you (or anyone else). We, at ROLI, want to
>release
>> a beta version for Linux, it will be great to know if users are
>> interested in it.
>
>Hi Felipe,
>
>Sadly, I just couldn't get on with it. I'm not a good player and I was
>surprised how much I need to look at the keys, which are hard to see in
>my dimly lit room. I was able to return it thanks to 'Distance Selling'
>regulations in the UK. Wish I could have kept it just for the looks.

Sorry to hear that. The Seaboard is a little different from a normal keyboard indeed. I am not a keyboard player either, but today I am so used with the Seaboard that I find quite annoying to play normal keyboard.

>I was able to try it in Windows 7. I'm not sure if the Equator and
>Dashboard apps would be appreciated by Linux users, but perhaps an
>easy way to change the Dashboard settings would be easier than porting
>quite graphical applications.

Both applications are already ported to Linux thanks to JUCE. :)

On the video I posted I am running Equator on my Arch Linux.

--
Felipe