[LAU] nosuspend - avoid computer suspend as long a app is running

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Jul 1 08:53:37 UTC 2017

Am 01.07.2017 um 10:35 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 09:22:05 +0200, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>> nosuspend allows users to avoid suspend or shutdown even on privileged
>> level (e.g. root)
> Pardon, I missed that. What is it good for? The polkit rules I posted
> allow to do an action with root privileges only. I guess an admin knows
> what she's doing.

My system goes into suspend after 10 min idle. That's how I've set it
up, and that is what I wont, usually.
Sometimes, I don't wont that, . .
The system suspend signal comes with a higher priority then the users
inhibitor, hence, running systemd-inhibit as user will simply be ignored
when it comes to the automatic setted systemd suspend.
Setting the inhibitor with 0/root flag avoid that.