[LAU] AMD Ryzen

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Thu Mar 2 21:29:45 UTC 2017

This is now out in the wild, and I've seen the first review running under
Windows. It seems to be coming out fairly well, but apparently not quite as
good as comparable Intel processors when running with small buffer sizes.

I wasn't entirely clear as to whether that was a specific issue for the way
Windows manages buffers, or not.

Has anyone had an opportunity to try one under Linux? I'm thinking ov getting a
replacement machine sometime this year as my current DAW is about 8 years old
and starting to do odd things :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk