[LAU] Sonic Visualiser 3.0 released

Frank Neumann beachnase at web.de
Sat Mar 4 11:11:43 UTC 2017

Hi Chris and all,

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 13:00:07 +0000
Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> Version 3.0 of Sonic Visualiser, a free, cross-platform, open source
> application for viewing and analysing the contents of music audio files,
> is now available.

I just tried to build it from source myself and noticed 2 things:
- "INSTALL.txt" does not list the build dependency on "capnp"
  (see https://capnproto.org/). Should perhaps be added - at least I found
  no way to build it without that.

- A hint about the required minimum version of dependencies would be helpful.
  In my case, though "configure" went through fine, I found that my Qt5
  installation (Qt5.2 still) is not recent enough:
  svcore/base/ResourceFinder.cpp:142:45: error: ‘AppDataLocation’ is not a member of ‘QStandardPaths’
  Not sure in what version exactly it got added, but must have been somewhere
  between 5.2 and 5.8 obviously.

I guess I'll finally have a reason to upgrade my Linux Mint version :-).

Thanks,
Frank