[LAU] extract audio files embedded into adobe pdfs

David Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Mar 9 19:03:21 UTC 2017

On Mar 9, 2017 08:24, "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com> wrote:

> * David Jones <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> [2017-03-09 18:55]:
> > On Mar 8, 2017 23:50, "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi dear list,
> > >
> > > I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully tried to extract audio
> > > files embedded into adobe pdf files?
> > >
> > > thanks
> >
> > Hmm, play the PDF while running jack_capture to save the audio output to another file?
> Hi, and thank you! In order to play the audio in the PDF I guess I would
> need to install adobe reader (which I want to avoid).

Well, I suppose you could investigate whatever parts of the PDF standard pertain to embedding audio and maybe figure out how to use Linux tools to programmatically extract it. I have no idea how to do that.

I think installing Acrobat Reader would be faster. You could uninstall it afterward.

David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com