[LAU] jack, pulse = confusion, at least for me

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Sat Mar 11 19:34:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm running multiple PC's with UbuntuStudio 16.04.

I'm trying to figure some differences in what happens between the PC's when
jack is started.

Questions:

- what is the process of determining what combination of jackd, jackdbus,
jack1, jack2 is actually being run from the command line or from qjackctl?

- since starting jack from the command line doesn't result with a pulse
source/sink, but starting it from qjackctl does end up with pulse
source/sink and system source/sink? (And, how do I duplicate what happens
when jack is started from qjackctl from the command line?)

Regards,
Mac