[LAU] Ardour's Mixer fader for MIDI tracks

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 16 12:58:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

what exactly does the fader of Ardour's mixer for MIDI tracks control?

I noticed that CC 7, CC 10 etc. could be selected by the editor, in
addition to the mixer's fader. CC 7 does control the volume, while the
mixer's fader seems to have impact to the note velocity.

I suspect it simply increases or decreases the recorded note velocity,
but by what values?

  = 64 means velocity +- 0?
  > 64 means velocity * 1.n to velocity * 2?
  < 64 means velocity * 0.n to velocity = 0?

Or does it something completely different?

Regards,
Ralf