[LAU] Sonic Visualiser 3.0 released

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Mar 29 06:56:43 UTC 2017

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, at 00:04, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Tue, March 28, 2017 2:52 pm, list wrote:
> > configure: Failed to find required module capnp using pkg-config,
> > trying again by old-fashioned means configure: error: Failed to find
> > appropriate capnp library
>
> I also find the same problem on Fedora 25.

The dependency is on a Cap'n Proto build more recent than 0.5.3, which
sadly at the moment means a git checkout of it (a 0.6 release is, I
understand, still pending).

If you have a look at the file
deploy/linux/docker/Dockerfile_v3.0.2_ubuntu1604 in the SV repo, you'll
get an idea of the steps necessary to build this.

The omission from the INSTALL file is an unfortunate oversight, I agree.

Chris