[LAU] #stream2own

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 09:56:31 UTC 2017

Thanks for introducing this. Very interesting.

I do like their idea, but I did not like the fact that they did not mention
Bandcamp. Comparing to Spotify is fairly easy, but Bandcamp does not have a
subscription model. How do they compare to Bandcamp? I mean, I am selling
something at Bandcamp and the good thing about it is that the price is not
fixed.

Either way, I am very much willing to try them.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bigups to @NovaDeviator
>
> Some of you might be interested in a new distribution system for your
> music based on the #stream2own mechanism.
>
> http://resonate.is
>
> #stream2own aims to give listeners and artists a fair deal. Each paid
> stream cost exponentially more upto the 9th stream and then the track is
> owned by the listener and they can download the track or stream for free.
> A fully paid track costs E1.25.
>
> Artists who upload tracks get access to the beta program to start earning
> credits immediately.*
>
> Resonate is a co-op where all the shareholders get one vote independent of
> the number of shares owned AND artists, fans are also eligible for a share
> of the profits. It's a new paradigm for music distribution where the goal
> is to fairly reimburse artists/producers for their hard work instead of
> enabling a few board members to get 6 figure salaries and private
> yachts/jets/etc...
>
> * Artists earn 70% of every paid stream of their tracks. have voting
> rights and also get access to a portion of the total profits.
>

> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

Louigi Verona