[LAU] #stream2own

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 30 06:41:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:57:04 -0700, Glen MacArthur wrote:
>I don't have much faith left in monetizing music no matter how you
>slice the pie or how much lipstick you put on the pig.

Glen,

I guess every adult on this list is aware that in every domain "new"
business models are just old business models with a "new", but very weak
painting. "Fair business" is a phrase just like "fair murdering" or
"peaceful war". Are there any rich "fair trade" workers in the
poor countries? "Rich" are still the "fair trade" bosses. There were
self-made concepts that worked, remember e.g. the Crass collective. I
suspect nowadays records from Crass are financial investment
for Hipsters. I don't want to know for what price a Crass record
nowadays gets sold.

Regards,
Ralf