[LAU] Using multiple sound cards with jack

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Mar 30 11:49:21 UTC 2017

Mar 30 2017, Bill Purvis has written:
> Is it possible to have more than on
> audio output
> here?
Hi Bill,
as far as I know, there are only two choices: if the soundcards are of
similar make, you might link them by using worldclock and then make a
multi device in ALSA. This at least works for the Delta 1010 soundcards.

Then there is alsa_in and alsa_out, which can make JACK ports from other
ALSA devices. IIRC the work fine these days.

I can think of no direct way to connect more than one soundcard to JACK.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3