[LAU] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Thu Mar 30 13:16:51 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, den 30.03.2017, 14:17 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:16:52 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:06:46 +0200 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > > ...followed by an unrealistic claim about grotesque low
> > > latency.
> >
> > What is unrealistic about 1 - 5ms latency?
>
> For some live tasks, as well as for using the Linux computer as a
> stomp box it is. For professional hard disc recording OTOH it's
> completely irrelevant as long as you aren't doing software monitoring
> with your onboard audio for "Professional audio".

First, you're calling it "grotesque", then you point out two tasks
where low latency DOES matter (IMHO in EVERY live situation, not only
in some)...

Sometimes, one should think twice before posting. I wouldn't call it
exactly "offending", but, you know, it just sounds like you're blaming
people writing shit.

Be kind. And respect others that took the time to document things.

Just my 2 Cents...

Greets!
Mitsch