[LAU] Bela.io Was: Arch Wiki Professional_audio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 30 19:32:52 UTC 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:54:31 -0400, Bernardo Barros wrote:
>According to their explanation, Bela.io achieves 100us latency it
>using Xenomai Linux kernel extensions and Programming Realtime Unit
>(PRU) to "write straight to the hardware". I wonder if that's an
>option for us.

8 analog channels at 22.05kHz, 16 channels at 11kHz, 32 channels at
5.5kHz, 2.75kHz sample rate (22.05kHz / 8) on each of the 64 inputs.
That still doesn't say how much round-trip delay you would get, when
running a 48 KHz, 24 channel Ardour session, with at least one x42-eq
for each channel and a stereo aux bus for at least one GxZita_rev1.

Regards,
Ralf