[LAU] Rated Blue - Straight Up

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue May 2 20:18:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, 02 May 2017 11:15:25 -0700
"Glen MacArthur" <info at bandshed.net> wrote:

Hi Glen,

> I do take your point, in this song I kind of went out of my way to
> make the instrumental part simple and keep it straight up (pun
> intended). When I was writing the song I consciously thought "here's
> where the big solo should/would go... hmm how about an anti-solo
> instead?".

I see.  A few 'solo' bass notes are surely anti-something somewhere.
Suggesting it can go a long way.  Not just the absence, but the
suggestion of it.  To make it stand out as such and not just be
something taken off.  Even if it's only for 15 seconds or so.  Not just
taking something off but actually making it anti-solo, even if this
sounds paradoxal.  Listeners might very well pick up on the suggestion.

> Thanks again, looking forward to your next creation!

Looks like the first mix out of 32Cv4 will be the remixing an \old\ one
in which the piano goes solo overboard. :)

Cheers.