[LAU] Music: Piano/drums improv - archives

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon May 8 22:37:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, 6 May 2017 12:08:57 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> May 6 2017, jonetsu has written:

> > https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/c86-2

> Thanks for sharing, this sounds very proggy. I actually like the sound
> of the piano. With a little room on the piano it would have been even
> better. This could have been part of a prog band's live concert. A
> lovely, psychedelic breakdown. :) It sounds like you put - what you
> had - to the best use.

Thanks.  There are special moments when things happen.  They tend to
happen when one is actually letting go I find.  When one is too full
then there's no place left for anything of that sort to happen I find.
It is not a trance, but it's a state where 'inspiration' can be
recognized.  It's almost as if time becomes less in focus in the sense
that as music tracks are playing and one is adding new notes, there is
a sense of immediately feeling what was played and what is coming up.
I know it sounds corny to say it like this.  Of course we know what was
played and what is coming up, we created those tracks in the first
place. It's more of a being in the 'here and now' type of thing. I do
not find the words.... maybe one day :)

Cheers.