[LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 13 12:09:02 UTC 2017

On Sat, 13 May 2017 13:50:40 +0200, list wrote:
>Le Fri, 12 May 2017 22:09:26 +0200, list a écrit :
>> I think it's safe to say that the AVB serie (1248 / 624 / ULTRALITE)
>> is working  for Gnu/Linux.
>
>Hmm according to Fernando's message  :
>
>>I had problems with the newer generation of Motu cards that have a
>>USB3 interface, so beware. Those work fine with USB2 connections but
>>then the I/O is restricted to 24 channels input and output
>
>Fernando : Have you had a chance to tweak/test the bios settings
>related to USB  : hands off / legacy and others options that
>motherboard sometimes offers ?

Don't waste your limited life span with such questions and possible
workarounds, since it's not worse the effort, assuming making music
should be your aim. Get a class compliant USB device and ignore all
those special offers, just use a modern PC + the audio interface as a
class compliant audio interface and don't use the audio devices hardware
monitoring and any additional features. _Simply_ use a mixing console
for the monitoring or use software monitoring with less latency. You
need to weighing up your "available lifetime" with "computer geek
trendy" vs "the passion to make music".