[LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat May 13 12:53:56 UTC 2017

On Sat, 13 May 2017 14:36:45 +0200, list wrote:
>USB Class compliant doesnt always mean [...]

Apart from Linux audio I tested an USB class compliant Presonus before
I tested and bought the Focusrite.

The Presonus worked with Linux, but not with iOS, while the Focusrite
worked with Linux and iOS. The first issue with the Presonus is too
much power consumption via USB for iOS, but even with an active USB hub
the Presonus didn't work with iOS. To cut a long story short, if a
vendor claims that the audio interface is class compliant, but actually
it isn't, than in civilised nations, it's easy to return the device and
to get the money back. Indeed iOS devices ignore specifications
regarding power consumption, but Linux doesn't. However, iOS couldn't
use the mentioned Presonus device even after being connected to an
active USB hub.

Résumé

At least for 2 USB class compliant audio interfaces I only noticed an
issue with my iPad 2 (an absolutely outdated iPad) but even not with my
old Linux PC, a mobo and CPU much, much, much older than the iPad 2.