[LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat May 13 19:34:44 UTC 2017

On Fri, 12 May 2017 21:56:37 -0400
jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> A workflow observation: with such an interface a DAW project directory
> would also contain the saved EQ, limiter,etc.. parameters from the
> MOTU interface.  Loading a project would consist of loading the DAW
> project then the MOTU parameters.  Just thinking aloud, nothing to
> worry :)

I think I would still mix using Ardour/Mixbus, and in the case of
Mixbus32C which I use, benefit from the Harrison 32C EQ hardware
emulation.  The MOTU will add another type of EQ emulation (like a
plugin would) based on British consoles, as well as the LA-2A limiter
(also considered as a 'plugin').  So, for Mixbus32C-based mixing, the
MOTU will add those 'plugin' features. And the initial routing.  If a
track feels better with British-based EQ, then so be it.  If it feels
better with 32C, so be it.  There's also reverb on the MOTU which would
be considered as a 'plugin' also.  Use it, or use any other reverb.  So
it's an audio interface with audio processing capabilities which may or
may not be used.

Still just thinking aloud ... :)

Cheers.