[LAU] checking passive input frequencies on non Hi-Z connection

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun May 21 13:05:57 UTC 2017

[Ralf Mardorf]
>On Sat, 20 May 2017 14:43:30 -0700 (PDT), Len Ovens wrote:
>>This why I say, if you like the sound nothing else matters.
>
>Full ACK!

Obviously, yes.

>Usually all direct inputs, if made for guitar or not, don't provide the
>full mids and bass provided by a guitar amp and guitar speaker.

I'm not sure what "full mids" are supposed to be; in any case a
passive guitar pickup connected to a low-Z input is a low-pass filter
with reduced cutoff frequency and resonance.  It loses treble and what
I would call "bite" or "sheen" or "character" if I wore my audiophile
hat today.

Tim (Active DI user.)