[LAU] M-Audio ProFire 2626 + jack

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat May 27 19:43:07 UTC 2017

Hello Sergio,

On 05/24/2017 11:32 PM, Sergio Cioban Filho wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to get the M-Audio ProFire 2626 working with jack but I'm having
> problems with either firewire (FFADO) driver or alsa (snd-dice) driver.
>
> Does someone got this interface working with jack ?
> What is the jack configuration?
> Any help is appreciated.

It seems the interface gets properly initialized and then it goes wrong.
This could indicate one or more of the following things:
- The Firewire chipset shares its IRQ with one or more peripherals
- CPU scaling is set to a scaling governor like ondemand
- Bad Firewire cable (I've had a Focusrite and the cable it shipped with
didn't cut it)

So check if you can free the IRQ of your Firewire chipset with rtirq:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#rtirq
For CPU frequency scaling see
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/system_configuration#cpu_frequency_scaling

Best,