[LAU] Best practices when using jackd over a LAN.

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Wed Nov 1 10:31:25 UTC 2017

>On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 03:41:02 +0000, David Woodfall wrote:
>>I keep trying out different period settings, but when jack_load
>>netmanager runs, it sets everything to some default settings.
>
>Ok, I don't have the required knowledge to understand what's going on,
>I'm still surprised about such a low frame size, even more if 128 is
>the enforced default, with either -n 2 or 3.

What I've is that the xruns are all between mplayer and jackd on my
laptop. The networking side is fine.

I made some progress using setcap on the mplayer binary and some
jackd settings, like no realtime and setting a big timeout. I also set
'threadirqs' in the kernal and rebooted. I the last made the biggest
difference.