[LAU] html5 in ff through jack

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 1 12:38:39 UTC 2017

I'm seemingly mistaken :D.

[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ asp update
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ asp checkout firefox
[rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ cd firefox/
[rocketmouse at archlinux firefox]$ grep "Features" -A2 trunk/PKGBUILD
# Features
ac_add_options --enable-alsa
ac_add_options --enable-jack

If I first launch qjackctl and then firefox (without apulse),
then firefox doesn't show up in qjackctl's audio tab. As a shot in the
dark I added the option --jack and --jackd to firefox, but nothing
changed. IIRC apps could connect to jack without being visible in
qjackctl's audio tab, IIRC I noticed this when using audacity, but I
might be mistaken.

This is firefox on Arch Linux.

[rocketmouse at archlinux firefox]$ pacman -Q firefox
firefox 56.0.2-1