[LAU] html5 in ff through jack

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 1 13:21:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 13:51:38 +0100, Peter P. wrote:
>Does grep "Features" -A2 trunk/PKGBUILD show you the possible configure
>flags or the flags actually used to compile a binary? Did you compine
>one yourself?

It shows that the official Arch binary of firefox already was build with
jack support.

I checked out the original PKGBUILD for Firefox from the official
Arch Linux extra repository,
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/firefox/ . My plan was
to add "ac_add_options --enable-jack" and then build it myself, but
indeed, the maintainer of the package already build with alsa and jack
enabled, so I don't need to build firefox myself.

Btw. taking a look at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/firefox rules
files Debian's/Ubuntu's firefox is build without alsa or jack.

Good news!

If I ensure to launch 'firefox' (not 'apulse firefox' by accident) and
then start a youtube video, then firefox shows up in qjackctl's tab and
automatically connects to playback_1 and playback_2 (hdspmixer shows
the signals, I didn't listen by speakers).