[LAU] html5 in ff through jack

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Nov 1 16:25:18 UTC 2017

On Wed, November 1, 2017 10:11 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> To run two sound servers instead IMO is absurd.

It is convenient for a dual use machine, a machine which is sometimes used
for typical desktop use and sometimes used for music production.  When
using pulseaudio for normal desktop applications, applications like
firefox and vlc connect to pulse by default.  When I want to change to
music production configuration, just disconnect two ports from the pulse
source and all desktop apps are disconnected from my audio interface. When
I want to have sound from desktop applications again, I just connect the
two ports from pulse jacksource to my audio output again and all desktop
applications are available for sound again.  Ralf will not find that
useful, some people do.

--
Chris Caudle