[LAU] html5 in ff through jack

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 1 18:31:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 18:28:44 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>"Chris Caudle" <chris-fpbl26QMEUIXQkzqeZDYAg at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> On Wed, November 1, 2017 12:07 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> If an MUA or a script should notify me by sound, I'm using the
>>> bell/pc speaker beep.
>>
>> As I wrote before, Ralf will not find it useful.  :)
>
>Well yeah, he's obviously happy beating his drum.

You asked and I answered. Don't ask, if you don't want to get an
answer. I don't say that somebody else could have reasons for a
different workflow.

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 17:21:40 +0000, Neil C Smith wrote:
>Hang around here long enough and you could get very annoyed at Ralf's
>zero empathy for any workflow that is not his own.

That's a ludicrous infamous imputation. Two subscribers asked, why
somebody doesn't want to use pulseaudio. I explained the reason why I
don't want to use it, simply because I don't need it for averaged
desktop usage and much more, because it's in the way, when doing
real-time audio recordings. It's an absurd assumption that I'm against
any different workflow or that I even don't have empathy. I answered a
question and allowed myself to counterquestion. Don't judge about
somebodies empathy, by completely ignoring facts. Empathy seems to be
your weakness, not mine! Sorry, I don't waste my time by mixing a waste
basket sound with a video live stream. And again, I don't invest much
time in workarounds, I'm simply not using a desktop environment, just a
window manager with the apps I need. For example, I need a calculator,
but I don't need a calculator to produce audio signals, for this
purpose I e.g. use yoshimi, but yoshimi isn't an app I use for
"averaged" desktop work, I'm using it when making music.