[LAU] Control iPad synth

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Nov 3 06:47:36 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf-ZCLZIpdjs0kJGwgDXS7ZQA at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> If only MIDI for old iPad's is needed, than a MIDI Mobilizer II does
> the job. However, cheap USB MIDI adapters for the Linux PC seem to be
> all crap. I got one from swissonic, apart from USB MIDI jitter another
> issue was, that it was from low durability.

The Swissonic (I think a Thomann OEM brand) I got had the "USB/MIDI
through" switch working the other way round than printed.  It also had
the cable/connector shields miswired according to Midi standards and
thus created a ground loop with the USB, thwarting the optical isolation
of Midi.  It also had the SysEx problem.

I might have gotten an early Monday model.  Had to retire it eventually.

--
David Kastrup