[LAU] qjackctl freezing desktop

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Nov 8 20:12:28 UTC 2017

On 11/08/2017 07:15 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After an update of Archlinux + fluxbox, starting qjackctl freezes
> the desktop. The mouse pointer still moves, and I can switch to
> tty1 (Ctl+Alt+F1) and kill qjackctl, restoring normality.
>
> Looks like qjackctl does an XGrabServer and then waits for something
> that never happens.

the wait can only be blamed to either XGetSelectionOwner or
XGetSelectionOwner... maybe the particular X server is choking on that?
quite unusual i say as the offending code-path has been if effect on
qjackctl for ages...

however, if you really wish to get rid of that Xlib mumbo-jumbo just try
 the build with ./configure --disable-xunique ...

byee
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org