[LAU] RME AIO/9632 expansion boards AI4S-192 and AO4S-192

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Nov 12 09:34:41 UTC 2017

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:20:44 +0100, Marek Cupák wrote:
>it seems I can't find any info about these. Has someone tried them
>with the AIO?

Hi,

no I didn't, since there only is an audio signal for 2 ADAT IOs of the
8 ADAT IOs when using jackd, let alone that the AIO cannot be used with
Ardour at all, if I choose alsa instead of jackd. Actually it would be
possible to order an expansion board, test it and return it to the
dealer, if it shouldn't work, but since I anyway own a Focusrite USB
audio device with 18 inputs and 20 outputs (less good audio quality
than the RME, but still good enough), I unlikely will order one. If I
would buy something new, then most likely an RME USB audio device.

Do all ADAT IOs provide an audio signal for you? Does the AIO work for
you, when using Ardour without jackd, directly using alsa?

Regards,
Ralf