[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Nov 16 05:43:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 00:14 -0500, Robert Edge wrote:
> Ardour is the only for-real DAW on Linux.  Or Mixbus, but that's just Ardour with some fancy plugins bolted on.

Mixbus isn't for free as in beer [1]. Ardour MIDI works, but probably
the OP expects an intuitive work-flow. I doubt that a lot of users are
pleased with Ardour's MIDI implementation.

> Next best choice would be trying to get Reaper to run in Wine.

Reaper is neither for free, sure, under wine you could ignore this and
reset it after the testing period is over, nor is Reaper "F(L)OSS" (see
subject).

[1]
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:29:24 +0800, James Harkins wrote:
>I don't want to pay money for something I'll use, oh, maybe 10-15 hours
in a whole year.