[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Nov 16 06:40:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:54:51 -0500, Robert Edge wrote:
>Are you suggesting a viable alternative to Ardour exists?  I'd be very
>interested.

Did you read the OP's request? Did I suggest anything? If I could
suggest free as in beer FLOSS software that fit's the OP's needs, I
already would have done this.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:29:24 +0800, James Harkins wrote:
>Because my usage is rare, I've shied away from Bitwig, and even Ardour.

Users who rarely use a DAW usually want something that could be used
more intuitive than Ardour could be used, even if the OP's "especially
for mixing, audio editing and stability" should exclude MIDI
completely, the software should be more similar too Cubasis and similar
for iOS, than Ardour.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:29:24 +0800, James Harkins wrote:
>I don't want to pay money for something I'll use, oh, maybe 10-15
>hours in a whole year.

Robert (not the OP), good luck with using Ardour for around 15 hours a
year.